(Kids At Minyan Program)
A Project of Bais Tzvi Yosef
(click above link to download form)
Program: KAMP is for children ages 3-10 and takes place in Shul on Shabbos morning. The program consists of one or more of three parts, depending on the age group:
- Davening – Group davening together. Each age group davens the tefillos they are familiar with.
- Storytime – A series of interesting Jewish stories told by the counselor
- Program / Games – Program includes Shabbos songs and niggunim, a small shabbos party with limited nosh, and group games.
Time: KAMP starts when the minyan reaches Boruch She’amar (approx. 10:30am) and goes till approximately 11:45. Children are then dismissed back into their parents care until the Kiddush / end of davening.
Attendance and good behavior will be rewarded with raffle tickets for prizes, nosh, and points.
Point System: One of the exciting features of KAMP is its unique point system. Each child will have the opportunity to earn and lose points based on behavior, effort, and performance. Points earned will be used in one of two ways:
- Individual points – These are per child and they can be used once every two months to “purchase” prizes such as toys, candy, seforim, gift cards, etc. Prior to “Redemption Day” (the day on which points can be redeemed for prizes) each member of KAMP will receive a certificate displaying the amount of points they have earned. They can then choose to spend some or all of their points, or keep points towards the next cycle.
- Group Points – Goals will be set for the children to accumulate a specified amount of points between all members. Once the goal has been reached, KAMP will be rewarded with a trip or special event. The goal will be to have four events / trips per year. Three will be minor trips (bowling, pizza party, Rich’s, etc.), and one will be a grand trip (i.e. trip to NY to go to JCM, Pizza, and Ohel).
ALL TRIPS AND SPECIAL EVENTS WILL HAVE TO BE PAID FOR BY PARENTS!!!